The Alcohol and Drug Services Division implemented the System of Care on July 1, 1998 to:
- Improve the quality of services to Sacramento County residents
- Ensure the provision of appropriate level of services
- Tailor treatment to meet needs at all levels
- Better manage Sacramento County AOD resources
A continuum of services is provided which include pre-treatment interventions, detoxification, residential and day treatment, outpatient counseling, and aftercare services. Thorough assessments, treatment matching and consistent use of AOD tools are key components.
County operated direct services are focused in the following three areas:
- Conducting AOD assessments and determining appropriate level of treatment.
- Operating group services aimed at providing information, education and support for clients at a “use” level with minimal AOD related problems. These groups can also double as pre-treatment services for clients who have higher level of care needs and are not treatment ready. Pre-treatment services are also available on…
View original post 169 more words