Ever since I was little, every year in the fall my family goes apple picking! I love it. My favorite apples to eat are Macintosh. So crisp and sweet!
One of my favorite things to do with all the other types of apples that we pick is to make apple crisp. If you’re looking for a great apple crisp recipe, here is a delicious one from Hoosier Homemade.
- 4 cups (4 large or 5 medium apples) sliced apples
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour, all-purpose
- ½ cup oatmeal, quick cooking is best
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened plus additional butter for pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 8×8 baking dish
- Slice apples and place in buttered pan
- Combine dry ingredients for topping, and mix in butter until crumbled
- Add to top of apples
- Bake at 350…
View original post 27 more words